Borussia Dortmund center Sebastian Haller is about to undergo a second operation to cure a malignant tumor in his testicle.
In July of this year, Haller joined Dortmund from Ajax at a high price of 31 million euros, but he was diagnosed with testicular tumors in the same month and has missed the game so far. He has undergone an operation, several chemotherapies, and once returned to his former club Ajax for recovery training in October, but he still needed another operation to fight the tumor.
“According to the original plan, we weighed various possibilities after chemotherapy. I want to tell you that my battle is not over,” Haller said when revealing the progress of his recovery through social media.
“I will have to undergo surgery to permanently get rid of this tumor that is keeping me off the field,” he added. “Thank you all for your support and for giving me strength through this ordeal. Looking forward to seeing you all soon. ”
Comme prévu depuis le début, différentes possibilités étaient envisagées suite aux chimio. Je vous annonce que le combat n’est pas terminé pour moi. Je vais devoir subir une opération pour en finir définitivement avec cette tumeur qui m’éloigne des terrains.
Merci à tous 💪🏽🙌🏽 pic.twitter.com/sFijTijLXu
— Sébastien Haller (@HallerSeb) November 16, 2022
Haller, 28, said at the Golden Globes last month that he was feeling good and his recovery was going well. However, this time Haller underwent surgery again, and his specific recovery time remains to be discussed.